Thursday, November 1, 2012

Why I Write About My Health

I started this blog for two reasons.  The first being a way for me to vent.  There are many times that feelings and frustrations build up, and writing helps relieve that tension.  There are other times that I want to shout out to the world when something good happens.  This blog has been a great outlet for me to do this.  My husband no longer has to hear me repeat the same things over and over again, and I get the relief I need.  It's a win-win situation.

The other reason is because most of what I saw on the internet relating to chronic pouchitis was such a downer.  I was diagnosed with chronic pouchitis almost 1 year to the day after my first surgery.  After searching chronic pouchitis on the internet all I saw was the negative.  I could not find much that would give me hope that I could live the life I wanted after surgery.  As I learned to live with chronic pouchitis, I wanted to share with others that it is possible.  I wanted to share my experience with a positive, uplifting blog to help others in the same position I once was in.

I cannot say how many people I have helped, but I can say this blog has helped me tremedously.

No comments:

Post a Comment