Sunday, November 11, 2012

Live Music


There is nothing better than live music.  It is my most favorite thing in the world.  There are many reasons why I enjoy concerts, more than I can list here, but these are the top reasons why.

First, live shows allow you to feel the music in a way that cds, mp3s, and vinyl cannot.  You don't just listen to live music, but you feel it throughout your entire body.  The bass reverberates through your bones.  The vocals swirl around your head.  The lightening brings the music in through your eyes.  The taste of the drinks, the smells filling the air.  No sense is left unused.  The music becomes your world and nothing else gets in.

At concerts I am able to let loose.  For 2-3 hours I don't have to think about anything else besides the music.  I can be free at live shows.  When I go to a show, the world outside stops.  It doesn't matter what happens out there, the only thing that matters is the music.  This is the one and only time I have no anxiety, no worries.

Another part of concerts I enjoy is the bands themselves.  The bands I see are not as known as the famous pop stars seen on People magazine and E!.  Because of this they have an appreciation for each and every fan they have.  The bands are not sequestered, but are free to do what they want to do and go where they want to go.  It is not uncommon to run into band members walking to the loo (as I do often) or out front before the show.  Many times you will see the opening band selling their own merchandise.  The bands always have time to thank their fans.

The best part of live shows is that I feel at home.  The concerts I go to are not arena shows, but shows in clubs.  Everyone there is there because they love the band, not because they think it will be cool because they went and saw band so and so.  There is a love felt throughout the club that I never feel with any other group of people.  Judgments are left at the door, and you are free to be who you are.  There is an understood bond between each person just by walking through the doors.

Live music is better than medicine for me.  It is the one place I feel absolutely no stress.  There is no thinking about the next thing to do, but I am just in the moment.  I am able to share great times with great people.  I always feel at ease and comforted at shows.  Live music puts my mind at ease, which in return puts my physical health at ease.




No comments:

Post a Comment