Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Safe Place

Everyone needs a safe place to go when they are feeling blue or life becomes overwhelming.  I will quote one of my favorite lyrics to a song once again to take you to my safe place, "And if you really want to see what matters most to me just take a real short drive".  My safe place isn't always just one specific place, but more of a general feel. 

I love the outdoors, so the closer to nature I can be the better I feel.  I like to run away from people to hide.  This is why I like the trails in and around Chester County.  There are trails that go through neighborhoods, trails that go through fields, trails that go through parks, and trails that go through woods.  Whatever kind of scenery I want to enjoy there is a trail for within a short drive from my home.

I like to get out to feel the sun on my skin, smell the scents in the breeze, and listen to the sounds of nature.  I like to get out and move whether that includes walking or running depends on how much of an escape I need.  Sometimes I keep moving the entire time.  Other times I stop by a pond or stream or climb into the rocks to get away.  When I am secluded I feel like the only person on Earth.

I like all the walking trails in Chester County, but my favorite is at East Goshen Park.  I like this one the best because it is where my husband and I would take our first walks together.  It is also the spot I chose to have my wedding ceremony at.  It brings back all the good times I have had.  While there is always a lot of people walking or running on the East Goshen Park walking path I can still feel at peace.

So whenever I feel like I need an escape from the pressures of the world or my ailments I hop in the car and take a real short drive.  I don't always tell people where I'm going or when I'll be back.  There is nothing like the feeling of being at one with nature and time standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment