Thursday, November 8, 2012

To My Well Being

Dear Miss Well Being,

I know we have gotten off on the wrong foot, but I would like to reach a truce.  Ever since I was a baby you have been doing strange things to me.  I had some nasty regurgitation problems as a baby, then you throw me in the hospital for two weeks before I reached the age of one for no known reason at all.  I tried my hardest to protect you as a tot, but you continually punished my ears and allowed a doctor to use a power washer to clean them out at every visit.  How cruel?!

You treated me slightly better as a kid.  Only mean thing you did was give me the kissing disease, mononucleosis.  Everyone thought I was going around kissing people.  I still thought boys had cooties at age 8.

You treated me even better in my teens expect for my mysterious side pain.  You hid signs of it so well the doctor even thought I was lying.  Why couldn't you show him a reason for these pains?  I know I wasn't making them up.

Fast forward to my 20's when I must have done something horrible to you that really pissed you off.  Was it the late nights?  Was it the partying?  You know I was in college right?  That's what college kids do.  Whatever the reason you decided to first give me a serious case of E. Coli infection while on vacation on the total other side of the country.  Next, you give me the most horrible bacteria infection called C-Diff.  On top of all that you make me start bleeding out of my butt with a disease called Ulcerative Colitis.  What twenty-something wants such an embarrassing disease?  Then you go crazy with my head and give me severe anxiety especially with eating.  Next thing I knew I had an eating disorder on top of it.

You may have threw all your cards at me, but I was able to persevere.  I am standing here today stronger than ever.  I think it's time we join forces to live a happy life together.  I know now to put you first in my life.  Was that the problem?  I am making a promise to you now to never leave you on the side of the road feeling abandoned again.

Yours Truly,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment