Monday, November 5, 2012

Things I Am Excited For

In the past few months I have felt I have finally regained control of my health and my life.  This has opened many doors that have I did not have the strength to open for so many years.  Each new door opened offers a new experience and something else to be excited for.  Here is a list of the top three things I am excited for.

#1: This week I may begin tapering off of one of the medications I have been on for over a year now.  It will be great to have to take one less medication a day.  One less thing that has as many side effects as it does the great things it does for me.  I am not just excited to not need this medication in as high a dose anymore, but I am excited for what this means.  I am on the path to getting even healthier.  My body is still healing, and more progress is yet to come.

#2: This year I have been able to go to more concerts than ever before.  In the old days concerts were such a hassle.  Eating before would mean I would be rushing to the bathroom and in pain for the whole show.  Forget drinking any alcohol and letting loose.  The loud base would also wreck havoc on my stomach.  The heat of all the bodies would make me overheat.  On more than one occasion I have almost passed out on the floor during a show.  This year I have gone to five concerts and have two more to go.  I am saving the best two for last.  They will be wild shows that will include lots of drinking and late nights.  I am hoping to meet many new friends.  I never feel more at home than I do at a live show with great people and great music.

#3: I am most excited about the future with my husband.  This year has been a sort of a first honeymoon for us.  I have been sick almost since the day we met, and was at a low point when he proposed.  I was in the hospital the week before our wedding.  It wasn't until this year that I was able to enjoy our marriage.  This year we have been able to share time together like never before.  Besides the concerts we have gone to, we have had the best vacation at Ocean City, MD that we have ever had, we gone out to eat more times that I can count, we have opened our home to two more rescue kitties, and we found each other again.  For those who have been with someone 10 years or more, you can certainly relate to how wonderful this is.  I am excited to see what 2013 offers to our relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment