Thursday, November 29, 2012

Looking Towards 2013 And Beyond

The new year is still a little more than a month away, but I'm beginning to think of the possibilities that it can bring now.  It is still exciting to me to have my health back.  I am able to make plans and goals.  I can truly look forward to what the future holds.  Since I can't limit to myself to just one thing I want to accomplish, I will tell you about a few.

1. Continue towards my 2nd Degree black belt.  It takes approximately 2-3 years to earn the second Dan as called in Tae Kwon Do.  I have only been back to the sport for 4 months now and have already passed my first level test.  I hope to be up to at least level 4 out of 6 by the end of 2013.  This will put me on track to test for my second degree in early-mid 2014.

2. Reduce medications and doctor visits.  This has been a continued goal for me since I had the surgeries two years ago.  While my doctor visits and medications have gone down in that time, there is still improvement that can be done.  I would like to be able to no longer see my therapist.  Though I think he's great, I hope I will be able to navigate through the weeks without his help.  I also would like to be able to discontinue the use of the antibiotic.  I absolutely hate the fact that I am dependent on antibiotics to continue to have a good quality of life.  I am under the belief that overuse of antibiotics is bad for our environment and absolutely hate the fact that I may be somehow contributing to this.

3. Take an Alaskan cruise.  This has been a dream vacation of mine since I was wanting to plan my honey moon that never was.  Unfortunately my health has kept me from seeing it come to fruition.  Whether it was from being too sick to go or having too many medical bills to pay for the vacation.  The trip will not happen in 2013 as my finances are not there to pay for the cruise, but with continued health and commissions it may be a possibility in 2014.  Maybe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment