Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Gurgle, Gurgle

While I have a Mogwai in my belly, he likes to talk too.  And he is always the loudest when it's the quietest around me.

I practice yoga twice a week or as much as possible.  My belly will be quiet through the entire class.  But when it comes time for shavasana, he wakes up.  In case your not familiar with yoga, shavasana is done at the end of class.  It is similar to a cool down and is when you return your breath to normal and relax all muscles.  I'm not sure if it's all the clenching, twisting, and scrunching done during the class or the fact that my belly just wants to be heard, but he is super loud during shavasana.

It's not just yoga that makes my belly want to speak  up.  He speaks up during the quiet times during a movie, important meetings at work, showing houses, and of course, just before I fall asleep in bed.  I don't know how he knows, but my belly knows just when to talk.

I don't worry about these outbursts.  I can't really put him in a timeout.  Instead, I move on.  Sometimes I'm offered some food which I politely decline (or take if it's something really good).  Sometimes I look around as though I'm trying to figure out where that noise is coming from.  But most times I can't help but laugh.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so familiar! My belly is so loud right before bed. Almost one year with my pouch!

    ReplyDelete