Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Roller Coaster Ride

The past weeks have been an up and down ride.  I have a few good days followed by a few bad days.  It's all highs and lows with no middle flats.

I was having a great spell.  I was going poop 5-7 times a day (an all time low).  The grumbles were reduced.  I was having more energy.  I hoped the gluten free diet was working its wonders.  Then I had my baby blockage and my pouch utopia was up-ended.

For the past week my pouch has been all over the place.  I've gone from pure liquid every 1/2 hour to hour to struggling to empty.  My rectal cuff became inflamed and sore, and my butt was on fire.  I had the anal itch that you just cannot scratch.  It was painful to go to the bathroom, and I wanted to avoid it but I couldn't.  Also in this time my previous abscess began to ooze again.  The cyst on my tailbone has been killing me.  Needless to say, I was miserable.

My pouch seems to be turning a corner again.  Things are improving, slowly.  I don't know what causes these sudden shifts.  It is the most frustrating part about the pouch, or chronic pouchitis.  I can't say if this is normal because it's all I've ever experienced, but I've had chronic pouchitis before it was even diagnosed.  A lot of people pay good money to go to amusement parks to ride roller coasters.  I get to ride one for free every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment