Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Another Setback

Seems to be I've had a little (or big) setback in my recovery.  Over the past couple of weeks I've been feeling more tired and have been expiriencing some more pain in my butt.  Ha!  A pain in my butt that didn't have to do with work or my kitty cat.  The spasms, imagine a charlie horse in your butthole, were getting stronger and becoming more frequent.  Was I having a baby out of my rear?  Ever being the optomist I figured it was probably just something I ate that didn't agree with me and not something serious.

In this time I had also been experiencing more frequent discharge from my girlie parts.  This happened before after the Bartholian abscess was drained.  I assumed stopping the antibiotics led to a little more discharge, but my body would soon adjust.  Now it's just getting worse.

Over the holiday weekend I began noticing some more unusual and frightening symptoms.  The discharge began to have flecks of poop in it.  I hoped to dismiss it as some leakage that worked its way forward, and I'm still hoping that's the case.  I also noticed when I had to fart out my butt it came out my girlie parts instead.  What?!  If it wasn't so disturbing, it would be a pretty cool magic trick.  I also began to run a low-grade fever at night along with tons of pain in the region.  I feel like I'm carrying a bowling bowl in my pouch and the pressure is crazy.  I have a multitude of fissures (little papercut like tears on my butt) that KILL when I use the potty.

So needless to say I'm not feeling my best and I placed the long awaited call into my GI doctor.  She thinks it's a recto-vaginal fistula or a little opening going from my butt to my girlie parts.  Sometime in the next week I will be scheduled for a MRI to see if this is in fact what is causing my problems.  In the mean time I was given a nice little muscle relaxer to help with the spasms.  It seems to be taking the edge off.  So I will be waiting anxiously for when the MRI is scheduled.  If in fact it is an RV fistula, most likely my diagnosis will be changed to Crohn's.  Not exactly big news, but it could change my treatment plan and actually offer more drugs covered by insurance.  Good news maybe?

On the upside, the Entocort seems to be helping with the pouchitis.  I am happy to report the one thing that is not bothering me at the moment is the pouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment