Monday, June 4, 2012

Test #1: Visiting My Parents

The first test for my belly is done, and it was a success.  I spent a long weekend visiting my parents just outside the Delaware beaches.  I was excited to see them since I haven't seen them since last November.  I was hoping my stomach was going to be on its best behavior and brought all my supplies with me.  Everything from my antibiotic to my butt cream to my favorite toilet paper to all the over the counter meds that keep homeostasis.

Night one consisted of mexican food and margaritas.  Night two was crabs, corn on the cob, followed by a mixed party of Santinis (Sangria & Vodka), beer, and cherries soaked in moonshine.  Yes, my parents know how to have some fun.  Day three was a picnic with more food than I could shake a stick at.  Belly still did great.  No problems on the 2 1/2 drive down or return drive home.  Even with construction which brought traffic to a crawl.

Unfortunately, the temperatures were too cool so I never made it to the beach or the pool.  I didn't get to test out my bikini or how the fistula would act during sunning and swimming.  That will have to wait until next time.

Even though the weather was cool, I still managed to return home with a sunburn on my legs.  I also picked up a cold along the way.  If it's not one thing, it's another with me.  I had a great weekend visiting my parents and can't wait until next month to visit again.  Test #1: Pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment